BODY & SOUL PBS TV SERIES
EPISODE 7: Overcoming Anger: Healing From Within
This episode features the stories of David Michael, attorney at law, and Dr. Williams, MD. Topics include:
• Visit with David and family. The effects his stress has on everyone.
• Research at Duke University, which shows that anger can have an effect on our lifespan. While it can be a useful emotion it is one that needs control.
• When it happens frequently over the little things, changes in your body will increase the chance of a heart attack and raised blood pressure overall.
Feature Interview with Robin Casarjian
• "Forgiveness isn't about what we do, but it's a change in heart, a shift in perception, a different way of looking at what's been done."
• Do you deserve to be peaceful? Do you deserve to be happy?
• Being peaceful and happy is impossible if you are not willing or not understanding forgiveness.
• "What we are forgiving is not the act, what we are forgiving is the people."
Visit to Casarjian's "Houses of Healing" workshop in a federal prison
• She teaches the prisoners to explore the past and pinpoint why they are currently in jail.
• Do not stuff emotions. "You need to feel to heal," therefore not letting pain out on other people or one's self.
Video File size: 300mb
Depending on your internet connection this video could take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to download.