BODY & SOUL PBS TV SERIES
Total Well-Being: Starting the Search
In this episode: The story of Christopher Kahan, patient of Dr. James Gordon, physical therapist, who fixed Christopher's displaced vertebrae in neck by twisting it slightly in place and using biofeedback; an interview with Thich Nhat Hanh on collective meditation, living in the here and now, and the basics of breathing; and a segment featuring Jay Kaplan, MD and the positive effects of Gabrielle Roth's "five rhythm practice" or freeform dancing..
• Gail visits with Dr. Gordon, who, after discussing her personal, gives her a neck massage and 'Chinese pulse' reading, and finds that she is suffering from stress.
• Biofeedback dots are placed on Gail's hand to determine temperature and mood.
• Gail does yoga with an instructor; Dr. Gordon explains the importance of flexibility.
Interview with Zen Master, Thich Nhat Hanh
• Thich Nhat Hanh explains the basics of breathing, how to enjoy it and incorporate it in everyday life.
• "Life is in the present moment, in the here and the now." He says.
• Collective meditation leads to looking deep into the "flower of understanding."
Story of Jay Kaplan, MD and the positive effects that Gabrielle Roth's "five rhythm practice," or freeform dancing.
• A way to "sweat your prayers." Or a way to channel your stress your body and out.
• Stretching both the body and mind to be more intuitive, imaginative and inspired.
Video File size: 330mb
Depending on your internet connection this video could take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to download.